T&Cs / Policies
- Digital Display
- Rate Card
- Copy Clearance
- T&Cs / Policies
- HFSS Code Summary
- BAI General Commercial Communications Code
- Terms And Conditions Of Business
- RTÉ Clashing Policy
- RTÉ Guide Competition Terms & Conditions
- RTÉ Broadcast Sponsorship Guidelines
- Competing Broadcaster Guidelines
- Alcohol Advertising
RTÉ Guide Competition Terms & Conditions
- RTÉ’s decision in relation to selection of prize winner(s) is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- In the event of any dispute regarding the rules, conduct or the results of a competition the decision of RTÉ will be final.
- RTÉ competitions are not open to staff of RTÉ, their immediate family members or associated companies including (but not limited to) the competition promotional partner(s) and SMS/ IVR service provider(s).
- Unless otherwise stated, competition entrants must be over 18 years old and resident in the island of Ireland in order to qualify as the prize winner. RTÉ reserves the right to request written proof of age of any competition winner.
- Prizes are non transferable and will only be awarded to the winner.
- No cash alternative will be awarded in lieu of stated prize(s).
- If, due to circumstances beyond its control, a prize becomes unavailable RTÉ and/or the promoter(s) reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal value.
- Use of a false name or address by a competition entrant will disqualify them from receiving any prize.
- RTÉ and/or the promoter(s) will endeavour to deliver all prizes within 28 days of winning. Where this is not possible the winner(s) will be notified of a delay.
- Unless otherwise stated, all taxes, insurance, fees and surcharges on any prize are the sole responsibility of the winner.
- Where a prize is to be provided by a third party, RTÉ accept no responsibility whatsoever for the supply or non-supply or purported supply or delay in supply of the prize, including without limitation, the failure of the winner to receive ownership of or use the prize. Where appropriate, prize winners are required to complete all applicable booking and/or other formalities directly with the specified third party provider(s).
- RTÉ reserves the right to change prize details without notice and all prizes, including holiday travel dates, are subject to availability.
- Some competitions may require entrants to take part in a programme in order to win the prize. Where this is required and where an entrant fails to take part as required or takes part but fails a subsequent test of skill which is required to win the prize, that contestant will be deemed to have forfeited their opportunity to win the prize and will be disqualified from the competition.
- Acceptance of the prize constitutes permission to use the relevant winner’s name, hometown and likeness for purposes of advertising, promotion or publicity in any media without additional compensation and prize winners agree to take part in such related promotional activities as RTÉ and/or the promoter(s) may require.
- All competition entries must be received by RTÉ in the required format before the advertised closing date. Neither RTÉ nor its affiliated entities are responsible for printing or typographical errors in any materials relating to RTÉ promotions; fraudulent, lost, late, misdirected, incomplete or altered entries; or entries which are processed late or incorrectly or are lost due to computer or other technical malfunction.
- RTÉ reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend a competition and/or vary competition rules at any time without prior notice.
- Neither RTÉ nor its agents accept any responsibility whatsoever for any death, injury or other damage, loss, expense or liability arising as a result of taking a prize. Nor will RTÉ have any liability or responsibility for any claim arising in connection with participation in any RTÉ competition or any of the prizes rewarded.
- Prizes not claimed within specified time limit will be deemed to have been forfeited and RTÉ may dispose of such prizes without any liability to the winner.
- Any person found to be in disregard of these rules will be disqualified automatically.
- RTÉ reserves the right to disqualify any contestant for any reason whatsoever in its sole discretion.
- Participation in RTÉ competitions denotes acceptance of these terms and conditions and any additional competition specific terms and conditions which may be advertised.
- Agency commission does not apply to Competitions.
NOTE: Call/text competitions – for full competition details including service provider(s), cost of entry and competition open and close times, please tune into individual shows and/or visit the advertised Aertel and online support pages. Please do not enter outside of the advertised competition window as your entry will not be valid but you will be charged for your entry.
Under 18s: please ask bill payer’s permission before entering our competitions.
RTÉ does not accept any responsibility whatsoever for any technical failure or malfunction or any other problem in any network, system, server, provider, or otherwise which may result in entries being lost or not properly registered or recorded and contestants hereby waive any claim whatsoever for any losses, costs, damages and expenses arising from any such problems.
VOTING TERMS & CONDITIONS
- RTÉ’s decision on voting arrangements and validity of the televote will be final.
- RTÉ, on its own behalf and the behalf of any contractor, subcontractor, agent or production partner of RTÉ, does not accept any responsibility whatsoever for any technical failure or malfunction or any other problem in any telephone network or line, system, server, provider, or otherwise which may result in any vote being lost or not properly registered or recorded.
- RTÉ shall be entitled to make whatever decision it deems appropriate in respect of elimination of a contestant in the event of technical failure of any tele-voting system or malfunction or any other problem in any telephone network or line, system, server, provider or otherwise that results in any vote or votes being lost or not properly registered or recorded.
- In the unlikely event of a tied vote in respect of the elimination of any contestant, RTÉ’s and the production team shall be entitled to eliminate a contestant in whatever manner the RTÉ and the production team decide. This decision will be final and conclusive and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Any viewer who, in the opinion of RTÉ, attempts to tamper with or inappropriately influence any part of the voting or interfere with or manipulate tele-voting procedure may be disqualified from further participation in the voting. RTÉ’s decision in this regard is final and conclusive.
- RTÉ reserves the right to discount votes if RTÉ suspects bulk voting is or has taken place to inappropriately influence or manipulate the tele-voting procedures. RTÉ’s decision in this regard is final and conclusive.
- Participation denotes acceptance of these terms and conditions and any additional campaign specific terms and conditions which may be advertised.
- Please check tune into individual shows or visit their site online for full vote/competition details including service provider(s), cost of vote and vote window open and close times. During live shows, vote window open and close times may vary from those published so please tune in for exact open and close times. Please do not vote outside the advertised vote window as your vote will not be counted but you will be charged for your vote.
- Under 18s: please ask bill payer’s permission before voting.