STRONG RESULTS FOR RTÉ RADIO IN LATEST JNLR RELEASE
RTÉ Radio 1 remains the only station with a weekly reach of over +1 million (at 1,365,000) and holds 17 of the top 20 radio programmes broadcasting in Ireland according to the latest radio listenership figures from JNLR. RTÉ Radio 1’s Playback is now the second most-listened to radio show in the country (previously 9th – increasing 40,000 YoY*). RTÉ 2fm has a weekly reach figure of 678,000 of Adults15+, with RTÉ 2FM Breakfast seeing growth in listeners. RTÉ lyric fm now has 306,000 listeners on a weekly basis (+24,000 YoY).
RTÉ Radio 1:
- RTÉ Radio 1 reaches 859,000 listeners on weekdays.
- Morning Ireland remains Ireland’s most listened to radio programme, with 451,000 listeners this book.
- The Brendan O’Connor Show on Sunday has 345,000 listeners (+4,000 BoB**) and 344,000 listeners on Saturday.
- The Ryan Tubridy Show broadcasts to 344,000 listeners each weekday.
- Playback, presented by Sinéad Mooney, has moved from 9th to the 2nd most-listened to radio programme in Ireland.
- The Business, broadcasting on Saturday mornings, has 338,000 listeners (+4,000 BoB)
- Today with Claire Byrne from Monday to Friday, and Sunday with Miriam both have 331,000 listeners.
Peter Woods, Head of RTÉ Radio 1 said: “This book is a consolidation of radio and Radio 1’s position post Covid. As that tide washes out and more people are back in the workplace, our programmes remain at the centre of Irish life, as witnessed this week following the RTÉ Documentary on One’s programme, Blackrock Boys and the Liveline follow-up in particular. It is encouraging to see many of our programmes attract unprecedented audiences, including the Brendan O’Connor Sunday programme which is neck and neck with the Saturday audience for the first time in that slot.”
- 2FM Breakfast with Doireann, Donncha, and Carl has 124,000 listeners tuning in on weekday mornings (+1,000 BoB).
- Jennifer Zamparelli on 2FM has 131,000 listeners.
- Tracy Clifford has 120,000 listeners.
- The 2 Johnnies continue to entertain listeners across the country in the afternoons with 122,000 listeners (no change BoB)
Dan Healy, Head of RTÉ Radio Strategy and RTÉ 2FM said: “I am really pleased with the results for Doireann, Donncha and Carl. The 2 Johnnies have also done well. The JNLR would appear to suggest that we are seeing a return to pre-Covid listening habits across all radio and in light of that I am pleased with how the station has performed overall.”
RTÉ lyric fm
- Movies and Musicals with Aedín Gormley has 67,000 listening in on Saturdays (+3,000 BoB)
- Lorcan Murray’s Classic Drive reaches 58,000 on weekdays
- Marty in the Morning has 49,000 listeners tuning in weekday mornings
- Evelyn Grant’s Weekend Drive has 49,000 listeners
- The Full Score with Liz Nolan reaches 47,0000 listeners (+2,000 BoB)
- Aedín Gormley’s Sunday Matinée has 47,000 listeners on a Sunday (+3,000 BoB)
Sinéad Wylde, Head of RTÉ lyric fm said: “In another good book for RTÉ lyric fm we see growth in the afternoons across the week for Aedín Gormley’s Movies and Musicals, and Liz Nolan on The Full Score, and Marty in the Morning is an ever-popular choice to start the day. Listeners continue to come to the station for an alternative space where solace, joy and passion abound. We are delighted to welcome 24,000 new listeners to RTÉ lyric fm over the last year to a place where life really does sound better.”