Latest JNLR Release: RTÉ Radio reaches 1,913,000 million
RTÉ Radio 1 remains the only station with a weekly reach of over +1 million (at 1,343,000) and holds 17 of the top 20 radio programmes broadcasting in Ireland according to the latest radio listenership figures from JNLR.
RTÉ 2FM has a weekly reach figure of 674,000 of Adults 15+, with Breakfast with Doireann, Donncha and Carl, and Jennifer Zamparelli on 2FM seeing growth in listeners.
RTÉ Radio 1’s weekday share stands at 19.7%, RTÉ 2FM’s share is 5.7%, with RTÉ lyric fm’s share at 2.5%.
RTÉ Radio 1
- Morning Ireland remains Ireland’s most listened to radio programme, with 433,000 listeners this book.
- The Brendan O’Connor Show on Sunday has 329,000 listeners and 338,000 listeners on Saturday.
- The Ryan Tubridy Show broadcasts to 331,000 listeners each weekday.
- The Business, broadcasting on Saturday mornings, has 336,000 listeners.
- Today with Claire Byrne has 321,000 listeners from Monday to Friday.
- Sunday with Miriam has 317,000 listeners on Sunday morning.
Peter Woods, Head of RTÉ Radio 1 said:
"There appears to be a continuation of post-Covid adjustment in this book, but there is also encouragement in our reach to 20–45-year-olds being up across the board. This growth in younger cohorts is positive as we are here to build a station that reaches across generations and is future-proofed."
- 2FM Breakfast with Doireann, Donncha and Carl has 129,000 listeners tuning in on weekday mornings (+5,000 BoB).
- Jennifer Zamparelli on 2FM has 134,000 listeners (+3,000 BoB).
- Tracy Clifford has 116,000 listeners.
- The 2 Johnnies continue to entertain listeners across the country in the afternoons with 119,000 listeners.
Dan Healy, Head of RTÉ Radio Strategy and RTÉ 2FM said:
“We are very happy across the board at 2FM. We have a 11.1 % share of 15-34s currently, and lots of exciting things happening including a new weekend schedule coming soon. The Breakfast Show - something we have been building on - looks like it’s going to be big going forward. Jennifer Zamparelli and The 2 Johnnies are performing really well for us too. Tracy Clifford is our music expert giving us a solid music show throughout. I would be surprised if 2023 wasn’t strong for us, it’s all looking very positive.”
RTÉ lyric fm
- RTÉ lyric fm has 300,000 listeners on a weekly basis.
- Marty in the Morning has 56,000 listeners tuning in weekday mornings (+7,000 BoB)
- Niall Carroll's Classical Daytime has 41,000 listeners mid-morning (+4,000 BoB)
- The Full Score with Liz Nolan and Aedín in the Afternoon have 48,000 listeners (+1,000 BoB)
- Lorcan Murray’s Classic Drive reaches 55,000 listeners on weekdays.
- Aedín Gormley's Movies and Musicals has 54,000 listeners each Saturday afternoon.
Sinéad Wylde, Head of RTÉ lyric fm said:
“Significant gains have been made in the mornings as 7,000 new listeners start their day in a brighter way choosing RTÉ lyric fm with Marty in the Morning, followed by another increase of 4,000 new listeners on Niall Carroll's Classical Daytime at 10.00am. In the afternoons, Liz Nolan's Full Score (Monday - Thursday), and Aedín in the Afternoon (Fridays) have also seen increases, followed by Lorcan Murray's Classic Drive with 55,000 listeners who come to the station to hear beautiful music and experience a collective joy where life sounds better.”