RTÉ A CHOSEN DESTINATION FOR THE NATION AFTER STORM EMMA DELIVERS RECORD NUMBERS
RTÉ kept the nation informed and entertained over the last few days with over 3 million people (3.1M) tuning into RTÉ Television over the period Wednesday 28th February – Sunday 4th March. (1 min reach).
Our news coverage did particularly well with each of the following averages achieved over the 5 day period. (Wed 28th Feb – Sunday 4th March).
Some other key highlights:
- Highest Six One was on Thursday 1st March. It averaged 808K viewers (47.4% share)
- Nine News averaged 707K (40% share) on the same day
- Room to Improve had an audience of 620K (44.1% share) on Sunday
- The Late Late Show – 545K and 43.9% share on Friday.
- Primetime had a 30% share on Thursday with 464K viewers.
- On RTÉ2 the Young Offenders had an average audience of 400K (22.6% share) on Thursday with the repeat also doing well last night (206K)
We’ve also listed the Top 10 programmes of which RTÉ held 9/10 positions:
In tandem with this we also had a very strong performance on our digital platforms with some figures as follows:
RTÉ.ie/ RTÉ News Now
- 53.4m page views and 3.4m unique browsers across RTÉ.ie/ News Now App last week. This looks to be a new weekly record and beats the week of Storm Ophelia.
- The Top 3 articles/ trackers had over 1m page views each.
- 9 of the top 10 articles were directly related to weather news. The 10th was indirectly related – the Lidl looting.
- 1,551,000 total streams on RTÉ Player last week – the strongest weekly volume of streams ever (10% greater than the previous high – week of 13th June 2016 which included Euro 2016)
- Over 371K live streams last week and RTÉ News: Six One was the most popular live programme