LATEST JNLR RTÉ RADIO LISTENERSHIP FIGURES RELEASED
RTÉ's radio services reach 1,995,000 million listeners.
RTÉ's radio services reach 1,995,000 million listeners, or 48% of the Adult 15+ population every week, and holds 16 of the top 20 radio programmes broadcasting in Ireland, according to the latest radio listenership figures from JNLR. RTÉ Radio 1 remains the only station with a weekly reach of over +1 million (1,382,000) (+12.000 BoB and +16,000 YoY). RTÉ 2FM has a weekly reach figure of 727,000 Adults 15+ (+30,000 BoB) RTÉ lyric fm has 313,000 listeners (+15,000 BoB) on a weekly basis.
Kevin Bakhurst, RTÉ Director-General, said:
“Without a doubt this has been an extraordinarily challenging period for RTÉ. It is with gratitude then that I thank the listeners to RTÉ’s radio services for sticking with RTÉ, and with pleasure welcome the 16,000 additional listeners to Radio 1, the 49,000 additional listeners to 2fm, and the 7,000 additional listeners to RTÉ lyric fm (YoY). RTÉ staff and our presenters have delivered a diverse range of content that is clearly connecting with more and more people. As we prepare to set a new strategic direction for RTÉ, the latest listenership figures are an endorsement of the enduring popularity and value of public service media, direct from the audiences we serve.”
RTÉ Radio 1
RTÉ Radio 1 reaches 880,000 listeners on weekdays.
- Morning Ireland remains Ireland’s most listened to radio programme, with 463,000 listeners this book (+23,000 BoB).
- The Nine O’Clock Show has 347,000 listeners each weekday (+13,000 BoB).
- Today with Claire Byrne from Monday to Friday has 331,000 listeners (+8,000 BoB).
- The Louise Duffy Show has 213,000 listeners (+1,000 BoB).
- News at One has 303,000 listeners.
- The Ray D'Arcy Show weekday afternoons on RTÉ Radio 1 has 187,000 listeners (+4,000 BoB).
- Drivetime has 219,000 listeners tuning in.
- The Brendan O’Connor Show on Saturday has 335,000 listeners and 323,000 listeners on Sunday.
- Saturday with Colm Ó'Mongáin has 206,000 listeners.
- Sunday Sport on RTÉ Radio 1 has 191,000 listeners (+10,000 BoB).
- Sunday with Miriam has 272,000 listeners.
Peter Woods, Head of RTÉ Radio 1 said:
This is a good book for Radio 1. It's an endorsement from our audience and a recognition of the unity of purpose of our station across news and current affairs, sport, our music and wider cultural output - which is unmatched; international recognition for Blackrock Boys, the current Beckett drama season, the Folk Awards. All of this is driven by our presenters and most of all by our production teams. Everything here goes back to those production teams and their commitment to public service broadcasting. We’re grateful for the trust of our listeners."
- 2FM Breakfast with Doireann, Donncha, and Carl has 149,000 listeners tuning in on weekday mornings (+11,000 BoB).
- Jennifer Zamparelli on 2FM has 136,000 listeners (+3,000 BoB).
- Tracy Clifford has 113,000 listeners (+6,000 BoB).
- Drive It with The 2 Johnnies continues to entertain listeners across the country in the afternoons with 151,000 listeners (+11,000 BoB).
- Laura Fox at Weekends from 9-12 has 118,000 listeners (+7,000 BoB) on Saturday and 114,000 on Sunday (+12,000 BoB).
- Roz & Emma on 2FM from 12-3pm have 123,000 on Saturday (+20,000 BoB) and 101,000 listeners on Sunday (+12,000 BoB).
- Marty in the Morning has 58,000 listeners(+1,000 BoB).
- Niall Carroll's Classical Drivetime has 46,000 listeners(+4,000 BoB).
- Liz Nolan's The Full Score/Aedin in the Afternoon (Friday) has 47,000 listeners.
- Lorcan Murray's Classic Drive has 63,000 listeners (+8,000 BoB).
- Aedín Gormley's Movies and Musicals has 56,000 listeners(+7,000 BoB).
- Opera Night has 27,000 listeners (+2,000 BoB).
- Daybreak has 33,000 listeners (+7,000 BoB).
- Hamilton Scores has 46,000 listeners(+3,000 BoB).
- Seán Rocks on Sunday has 43,000 listeners(+2,000 BoB).