Irish Radio listeners tune in to over 4hrs a day, with over 2 million tuning into RTÉ
Over 2 million radio listeners tune in to RTÉ each week with 2,014,000 or 52% of the Adult 15+ population listening. RTÉ Radio 1 is the only station with a weekly reach of over 1 million people at 1,387,000 (+1,000 BoB). The Top 20 National Radio Programmes amongst all adults 15+ is made up entirely of RTÉ programmes and shows RTÉ 2FM’s Breakfast Republic moving up the table to 17th place.
RTÉ 2FM has a weekly reach figure of 837,000/22% of Adults 15+. RTÉ lyric fm has 265,000 listeners on a weekly basis and no change in weekday share of 1.7%.
RTÉ Radio 1
RTÉ Radio 1 is the only Irish radio station with a weekly reach of over 1 Million. The station maintains its 21.9% Share.
- Morning Ireland is the most listened to radio programme in Ireland, with 439,000 listeners (+5,000 BoB and +16,000 YoY).
- Liveline with Joe Duffy draws 381,000 listeners every weekday (+7,000 BoB and +8,000 YoY), the second most listened to radio programme in Ireland.
- News at One with Aine Lawlor and Claire Byrne saw an increase BoB to 343,000 listeners (+2,000 BoB and +16,000 YoY).
- The Ryan Tubridy Show has seen an increase of 12,000 listeners in this book bringing his reach to 325,000 (+12,000 BoB and +7,000 YoY). Ryan is now in the top 5 most listened to radio programmes for Adults 15+.
- The Ray D’Arcy Showadds listeners to his radio show with 221,000 listeners (+2,000 BoB and +14,000 YoY) tuning in weekday afternoons from 3pm.
- Drivetime with Mary Wilson 221,000 listeners each weekday.
- With 320,000 listeners Today with Sean O’Rourke gains 3,000 listeners (BoB and +8,000 YoY).
- The Marian Finucane Show sees an increase of 18,000 listeners on Saturday to 364,000 listeners (BoB).
- Music on RTÉ Radio 1 continues to see a rise in listenership, with The Ronan Collins Show gaining 4,000 (BoB and +12,000 YoY) now with 221,000 listeners, The John Creedon Show has 46,000 listeners (+4,000 BoB) across weekdays with weekend gains for Céilí House (at 19,000, +3,000 BoB), South Wind Blows (at 17,000, +4,000 BoB) and the Rolling Wave (at 19,000, +2,000 BoB).
- Playbackgains 10,000 (YoY) now with 292,000 listeners.
- Arts programming also sees gains for Arena (at 35,000, +1,000 BoB), The Book Show (at 19,000, +3,000 BoB) and The Poetry Programme(18,000, +3,000 BoB).
RTÉ 2FM holds its weekly reach figure of 22% of Adults 15+. RTÉ 2FM has a Market Share of 7%. 4 out of the top 5 programmes for Adults 15-34 are 2FM show.
- RTÉ 2FM has a weekly reach figure of 837,000/22% of Adults 15+.
- Breakfast Republic moves to number 17 in the country with 187,000 listeners with an increase of 1,000 (YoY). Number one programme in the country for A15-34.
- The Nicky Byrne Show with Jenny Greene has gained 3,000 YoY to 153,000.
- The Tracy Clifford Show has grown to 145,000 an increase of 12,000 listeners YoY and 3,000 (BoB).
- The Eoghan McDermott Show gains 4,000 listeners to 138,000 (YoY).
RTÉ lyric fm
RTÉ lyric fm reaches 265,000 Adults weekly and 120,000 Adults 15+ every weekday. The station has a market share of 1.7% for adults 15+.
- Marty in the Morning programme reaches 41,000 adults 15+.
- Niall Carroll's Classical Daytime reaches 27,000 adults 15+.
- The Full Score with Liz Nolan reaches 33,000 adults 15+.
- Lorcan Murray's Classic Drive reaches 39,000 adults 15+.
- The Mystery Train with John Kelly reaches 22,000 adults 15+.
- Movies and Musicals reaches 42,000 adults 15+ (Saturday).
- The Hamilton Scores reaches 32,000 adults 15+ (Saturday).