2 Million Radio Listeners are Listening to RTÉ Every Week
The latest JNLR listenership survey has revealed that two million people, 52% of all Adults 15+, are tuning in every week to RTÉ’s radio services.
RTÉ Radio 1 is the only radio station in the country with a weekly reach of over 1 million people, with 1,372,000 tuning in (+3,000 BOB). RTÉ Radio 1 has seen its adult market share increase from 21.8% to 22.1% (+.3pts) due to increases in the 35-54 audience.
RTÉ 2FM has a weekly reach figure of 839,000/22% of Adults 15+ while RTÉ lyric fm has 273,000 listeners on a weekly basis making a slight change in weekday market share, now 1.8% (+.1pts).
RTÉ Radio 1
The only Irish Radio station with a weekly reach of over 1 million. RTÉ Radio 1 increases it's market share to 22.1%.
- Morning Ireland increases listenership BOB with 424,000 tuning in each morning.
- The Marian Finucane Show broadcasts to 374,000 listeners every Saturday (+45,000 YOY), with 311,000 tuning in on Sunday mornings.
- Liveline with Joe Duffy draws 372,000 listeners Monday to Friday; the second most listened to weekday radio programme in Ireland.
- The Ryan Tubridy Show has seen an increase of 4,000 listeners in this book bringing his reach to 332,000 (+4,000 BOB and +21,000 YOY).
- The Ray D’Arcy Show moves up the Top 20 A15+ table with 223,000 listeners (+3,000 BOB and +4,000 YOY) tuning in weekday afternoons from 3pm.
- News at One broadcast to 329,000 listeners every weekday.
- Today with Sean O’Rourke has made gains YOY, with 319,000 listeners each weekday morning (+12,000 YOY).
- Weeknights from 8pm see 48,000 people tuning in to The John Creedon Show (+7,000 YOY).
- Countrywide makes gains of 4,000 listeners BOB with 189,000 people waking up on Saturday mornings to Damien O’Reilly.
- Saturday nights on RTÉ Radio 1 shows increases for Céilí House, gaining 4,000 BOB and 2,000 YOY with 21,000 listeners.
RTÉ 2FM holds its weekly reach figure of 839,000 / 22% of Adults 15+. RTÉ 2FM time blocks are not comparable Boob on Book and Year on Year due to the recent schedule change.
Dan Healy, Head of RTÉ Radio Strategy and RTÉ 2FM says, “2FM has experienced a minor change in our JNLR following the recent schedule change. This listenership survey, which measures the 12 months to June 2019, only captures 4 weeks of the new schedule so we will have to wait until later in the year to have a view of how it is performing and it will be this time next year when we have a full 12 month picture.
We are very pleased with how everything sounds on the new schedule. We knew for certain what Tracy Clifford (1pm to 3pm) and Jenny Grenne (3pm to 6pm) would sound like as they are great presenters, both whom have done so well for the station over the past 4 to 5 years.
We also knew that Doireann and Eoghan would create a brilliant show but the speed in which the programme has developed is a huge credit to them and their production team.
Jennifer Zamparelli is creating a new genre of speech radio from 9am and the listener reaction is stunning. New voices are being heard and topics are been explored in a way not heard on Irish radio before.
This is an exciting time for 2FM and we are all working hard to continue to serve young audiences in Ireland in an informative, entertaining and innovative way... and I haven't even mentioned the amazing music played each day with Irish artists front and centre!”
RTÉ lyric fm
RTÉ lyric fm reaches 273,000 Adults weekly. The station has a market share of 1.8% for adults 15+.
- Movies and Musicals presented by Aedín Gormley reaches 45,000 adults 15+ (Saturday) (+6,000 YOY and +2,000 BOB)
- Lorcan Murray's Classic Drive reaches 44,000 adults 15+ (+5,000 BOB)
- Marty in the Morning programme reaches 40,000 adults 15+
- The Full Score with Liz Nolan reaches 37,000 adults 15+ (+1,000 YOY and +3,000 BOB)
- Niall Carroll's Classical Daytime reaches 29,000 adults 15+ (+1,000 YOY and +2,000 BOB)
- The Mystery Train with John Kelly reaches 20,000 adults 15+ (+1,000 BOB)